wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: moderation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:37 pm 
It will be hard to know exactly where each post should go.
I just want to say that I am here not because I am necessarily
in favor of moderation but because I am interested in discussions
on primal. I find that internet support groups don't really do much
for me. I can not receive much support this way. That is just me.

I tend to be more interested in general discussions rather than
support. For a support group, moderation would be of
much greater importance than for an open discussion.

What does anyone else think about this?

Phil

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

I leave it to the people to choose the category in which they want to post their message. I'm not planning to constantly move around topics; the categories are more like an indication of what you can expect here, besides discussion also providing some information for newcomers. When I remove a message I will say so and the reason why. I don't want to see messages where someone is rambling about personal irrelevant items, without any arguements or without the will to communicate about it with others. I will not censor language on itself.

Support can come in many forms. If someone is looking for help, there should also be a place for that.

If anyone has more ideas how we can make this forum into a lively debate, I like to hear them.

Dennis

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:39 pm 
I trust Dennis to be reasonable about moderation. Without moderation it could disintigrate all over again. Do you remember Marianna who flooded the PPP message board with hate speech directed against Oliver Stone? John didn't intervene until she herself asked him to delete her posts. I think Dennis is right about newcomers being driven away by all the ridiculous postings on the PPP board. I wouldn't be surprised if there are people all over the internet linking to it to pour scorn on 'Primal Screamers'.

* Mojo *

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:40 pm 
Yes, the Oliver Stone postings were excessive. Still, I am glad that there
is a forum like the PPP where there is no moderation.
It is not like sitting in with a group of people and having to listen. If someone's postings seem whacked out, no one has an obligation to read them.

Actually my view is there is a certain value in the fact of having an unmoderated forum for primal. Nothing then is being hidden.

But I am glad there is another choice here and hope it is successful.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:41 pm 
Well, I think both Phil and Mojo are right. It's good that there is now a choice between the un-moderated PPP and this forum. It's what Ron wanted. Two forums. At the same time, the PPP forum doesn't create a good impression for primal therapy.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Ironically, I would be sceptical of a moderated forum as well. There are plenty of forums where messages were perhaps unrightfully removed. I enjoyed reading the letters and later the discussion board on John Speyrer's site but all those people then, never returned. Kerry from the the UK, for example, never returned after the Oliver Stone debacle. Regarding the wacky postings, sure it can be interesting to read sometimes, unless they drag on for too long.

To me Primal Theory and Practice is still a radical approach to life. It's in the interest of the establishment not to see it getting popular. Therefore I don't like seeing it being made ridiculous here. But anyone can and should be critical about it.

There are some more advantages compared to the PPP board; registered users can edit their message themselves and can send private messages to each other.

I've got a few replies from big websites that they are going to mention this forum.

Dennis

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:44 pm 
I wonder if Ian Copeland meant it when he said he wouldn't come back. Apart from Kerry, Supsy hasn't posted anything for a very long time. Nor Sieglinde. And Stepford Wife said she hadn't been back since Christmas. There were others who were regular visitors for a while but who's names I can't remember.

It makes me wonder how many people actually visit the PPP each week. On the homepage there's a tracker from OnlineCount.com. Click here to see the PPP weekly report. Of course, there will be other visitors to inside pages from search engines who are not included. As for John's forum, I have a hunch that it's dozens of visitors each week, not hundreds. When I include links in my posts I use the Snipurl.com service which provides statistics for registered users. The most popular link has received 22 clicks since July 21st. Probably not every visitor read the post or clicked on the link, but still, even if it was only 1 in 4 that's not many for a two month period. So it might take a while for all the categories on this forum to become active.

* Mojo *

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:45 pm 
Yeah, and don't forget that more than 1/3 of the threads on the PPP board are started by Ron.

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]