wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Here's a short interview with a 42-year old woman who seems to remember every biographical detail since she was 14 years old. My first reaction was: what happened when she was 14 that triggered all this and why are scientists only examining her brain and memory and not her past?

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:34 pm 

Attachment:
oops.JPG

Now that you mention this, seems like I watched a little of it, yesterday, though, someplace...

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:51 pm 

Well, as we all know lots of bad things happen to people when they're 14 and very far from all of them develop this kind of mind. Therefore, the explanation for her extraordinary memory is not child abuse - what other indicators, if any, are there that this woman was hurt as a child?

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:22 am 
Site Admin

I'm just saying that something must have happened, bad or good, when she was 14 that triggered this extreme behavior. Unless you believe in a virus that mysteriously forced her to write down an extremely detailed daily journal since then. I haven't really looked into this 'case', but I noticed that no one was mentioning any environmental influences. It was all neurological... I found the woman emotional detached and she describes herself as seeing a split screen in her head where one part is looping all the events of her life. It wouldn't have to be limited to one or a few traumas at 14, it could be a combination of long term trauma, neglect, drugs, whatever, but no one looked into that. The scientists were all drooling over neurological connections.

There seems to be a limit to good things happening to a person, but when it comes to experiencing bad things, there simply doesn't seem to be a limit.

There are a number of other people with extra-ordinary memory, some of them are autistic. I've never seen a child with emotionally healthy parents develop an extraordinary memory.

Dennis

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]