wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:25 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Food
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

I was wondering how people's food habits have changed when they started with Primal based therapy. Some food has a pretty bad effect on health and since primal makes a person more feeling, the body often reacts stronger. I'm particularly thinking about the artificial sweetener aspartame. I've written several articles about that in the past and I recently watched the documentary Sweet Misery - A Poisened World, which again demonstrated how dangerous and damaging this sweetener is.

Dennis, Sweden

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:29 am 

I have read a lot of information about aspartame and I don't feel convinced about any harm that it causes. First of all if the harmful effects could be proven there would be massive lawsuits. The evidence that I have heard of is just not convincing. It is impossible to specifically link anyones cancer or other illness. with it. No doubt there are allergies but that can happen with other foods. Statistical studies don't show any linkage.
Not that I recommend consuming it. I feel like the information is rumors.
On the other hand sacharine packages have a warning that it is proven to cause cancer in lab animals. And of course cigarettes and excessive alcohol have many proven harmful effects which many people continue to ignore.

I don't consume aspartame myself, I try to stay with natural products like fruit juices etc. My primalling hasn't changed my eating habits. Also I have never found that my diet effects my primalling.

I try to eat organic beef because I don't feel that proper precautions are in place in the US to avoid the mad cow disease.

Things which do seem to effect my primalling are the amount of exercise and sleep that I get. I should sleep less (I tend to oversleep) and exercise more. But it is hard to do the things which will be helpful.

Phil

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:17 pm 
I can't remember how long ago it was that I stopped consuming products containing Aspartame, but I think it was before I began working through unresolved feelings. I used to drink Diet Coke quite a lot. But something has changed since I got in touch with primal feelings. Now, if I consume Aspartame without knowing, I get a headache very quickly.

Since doing feeling work I haven't suffered from headaches. Before, I sometimes got headaches without any obvious connection to anything I'd eaten or breathed, but that doesn't happen anymore. I discovered that Aspartame causes me a headache because a brand of soft drink I used to buy every week changed its ingredients. Previously, it was carbonated water with sugar. Then one day I drank some and got a headache straight away. I looked at the label and sure enough, they'd started adding Aspartame. Sometimes when I forget to check the ingredients of items in the supermarket and buy something with Aspartame, it causes me a headache as soon as I consume it. Saccharine doesn't affect me like that (I just don't like the taste).

Ian copeland

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Regarding the dangers of the sweetener aspartame, I'm convinced that it's proven beyond a doubt that it's a poison. Just like the tobacco industry did and still does, their goal is to cause doubt. People tend to give authorities the benifit of the doubt. That's why the industry have founded so many quasi-official organizations to give the impression that their product is safe and good for you. With aspartame, practically all the industry-sponsored research shows no damaging effect while nearly all independent research does (read this). Also the latest Ramazzini research shows an unmistakable relation to brain tumors and aspartame, even at doses below the Acceptable Daily Intake. The difference this time was that they had their lab rats live their entire lives (about 3 years) and then did the authopsy.

Besides the increased risk for cancer, Aspartame damages the nerve system. That has been shown in official non-sponsored scientific research. People remember less and there's a decrease in intelligence with aspartame consumption. I've written two articles about aspartame, that you can read in case there's doubt about its effect. You can find them here and here
I have a third article coming up, in which I expose the pro-aspartame journalists as frauds. I'll have it on my site in English next month.

There are a lot of lawsuits. Right now a big one in New Mexico. But every time someone starts a lawsuit Monsanto (or now Pharmacia) hires the very best of lawyers. Still, New Mexico could be the first state that's going to ban aspartame. Just like tobacco, eventually you can't ignore the long-term negative effects. Even though as early as 1927, the first independent scientific report about the health damage of tobacco was published (and ignored).

All that said, the original research on which aspartame was approved contained so many frauds that the FDA reviewing panel didn't want to see it on the market. Then Donald Rumsfeld became president of Searle (the original company of aspartame) and started a political campaign to have it approved.

Regarding cigarettes... here in Sweden, you can only buy filter cigarettes in packs that have a health warning on it that covers it 60 percent. Since a few months you can't smoke anymore in restaurants and bars. But someone told me once that if the government would forbid the selling of cigarettes for just one day, the whole economy would collapse as it's such a big income of tax.

Dennis

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:18 am 

Maybe the right thing for them to do would be to pull aspartame from the market pending further studies. I am glad I haven't been consuming it.
How did you become interested in this issue Dennis?

Phil

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

I became interested in this during my article about ADHD in which I read some research where children became more hyper after drinking lemonade with aspartame. So when I started reading more about it, red flags popped up constantly. I noticed how the industry manipulated research and the media to protect their financial wealth. So I just kept reading and finding out more.

I still believe knowledge is power.

Dennis

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]