wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:20 pm 
I've been checking out the Primal Psychotherapy Page message board from time to time for several months now. Apart from discovering an interesting blog I didn't learn anything new. The main difference on this board is that risk of cultism is acknowledged.

I've noticed there seem to be two kinds of useless commentators. There are the ones who reveal nothing about the content of their primals, but nevertheless spew forth a lot of words declaring that they personally know better than Arthur Janov how primal therapy should be practiced. Not therapy in general mind you, but primal therapy specifically. They claim to know better despite Arthur Janov's 40 years of experience with more patients than any other primal therapist. Why should I waste more than two seconds reading what these people have to say? In two seconds I can tell if they are trotting out the usual kind of unsubstantiated bull.

Then there are the others who reveal nothing about the content of their primals, but nevertheless say Janov's methods work. What help is that? I can safely cut out the middlemen and learn more from the case histories in Arthur Janov's books. I doubt that I'll become a regular visitor, but I wish you well. Maybe this forum will turn out differently in the long run.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:56 am 

I am doubtful that knowing the specific content of anyone's primal will help you. How would that help you?

I can tell you this much.
Primalling has helped me enormously with problems I had with shyness, the inability to form close relationships and my social functioning in general. And a whole host of other things.
I can point to primals about erratic mothering, an abusive mother, and later the lack of a mother. Pieces of my birth as well and other early feelings.

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]