wallsofsilence.com

Childhood trauma and its consequences
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:51 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:43 pm 
Okay, let me be the first to start a topic in the Primal Therapy section. Last December Shelley posted an article by the ex-Primal Institute therapist, Curtis Knecht, on the PPP board. The message board was still lively at the time and it disappeared after only one month. I saved a copy of the article, "Primal Therapy - An Experience with Enchantment". Don't worry, I wouldn't post it here without Curtis Knecht's permission. John Speyrer ignored requests to publish it on his site. I was just wondering, are most people glad it wasn't preserved, or would it be a good thing if it was available online as a warning against cultism?

* Mojo *

PS. It looks like the forum's clock is set to European time!

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Sure, post it here if you can. Any warning against cultism should be read. I sometimes wondered why Arthur Janov chose the name Primal Therapy, as it often seem to attract people interested in mysticism and such. I prefer actually Van Winkle's term Redirecting Therapy because it indicates better what it is about. But Primal Therapy is a more established name.

Yes, the times on this forum are set to European, after all, I live in Sweden. If you register (you only need an email address), you can set the clock to your own time-zone.

Dennis

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:45 pm 
I would like to see the article. It's always good to see all the different aspects of primal therapies -- both how it's been used beneficially and also how it's been abused.

Personally, I don't like the term re-directing therapy. My view on this is that when I am feeling an emotion I am not "re-directing" it; I am "directing" it (i.e. I am directing it at its original source). I am feeling it for the first time -- I am feeling the part of the emotion that I wasn't able to feel at the time.

The term "primal therapy" seems to come closer to the heart of the matter -- we are healing our emotions at a primal level (i.e. at its source). Or better yet might be "deep emotion therapy".

Linda S.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:47 pm 
Let me know if you need another copy of the article or contact info for Curtis Knecht.

Shelley

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:47 pm 
Hi Shelley,

Thanks for the helpful offer. The website Curtis Knecht and his partner had last December has expired. I was waiting to see if many people would ask for the article before attempting to track down his current Email address.

It's best not to post Email addresses publicly, where spambots can pick them up. If you are willing to register for the forum you can send Private Messages (the PM button) to me and other members.

Which of these approaches do you think is better?

(1) Post the article on this forum. Dennis could flag it as a "sticky" topic so that it's always at the top.

(2) Post it on a web page of its own. If it's on this forum, I don't know whether search engines like Google will pick it up. I have some free web space I could allocate to it.

Report this post

Post subject: kurtis article
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:48 pm 
Wow , thats a lotta lost hope provoked , inta'resting ,reminds me of being obsessed with girl way back. Surprised only 2 folk topped themselves if it was that bad at the Primal Inst . Its no crazier than Prozac etc .
Yeah and reading ' The Continumn Concept' drops me lower , I like believing that book . Old Kurtis shoulda stabbed Janov with his pen , and stole the ink out a his typewriter.

Has anyone seen any of the DVD's /videos that Art Janov's place sells ?

smug

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]