12 December 2012
KLANG: Police have picked up a mechanic in connection with a child abuse case following a release of a video showing an adult man physically abusing a toddler on social networking site ' Facebook', yesterday.
The 32-year-old suspect was arrested by the police following the release of the video which was believed to have made several days ago.
The nearly nine-minute video which was first posted by Facebook user, 'Vasu Amaithi Padai' has since received 17, 278 shares during press time, with many users expressing outrage and demanded the police to take action against the individual and the video-maker.
Facebook user, Alice Perumal, commented " Oh my god! it is so cruel ! Is this his real father? Who is doing the shooting (the video)? I can't stop crying after watch this..."
In a statement to the media though its Facebook account, the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM), confirmed that the man involved was the stepfather to the 3-year-old toddler and is currently being investigated under Section 31 (1) (a) of the Childrens Act 2001.
If convicted, the offender can be fined an amount not exceeding RM20,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years or to both.
The toddler has since been admitted to the Hospital Tengku Ampuan Rahimah while under the supervision of the Social Welfare Department (JKM) officers.
Post your comment
- Added Are you KIDDING ME??????????????????? The man should be BEATEN DAILY and imprisoned for the REST OF HIS NATURAL LIFE??????????????????????? UNBELIEVABLE.
- Added Oh thank The Lord! I hope this poor excuse of a man or human never is able to be around this boy again!!! I hope and pray he is not sent back to this situation! And what kind of mother allows her son to take that kind of abuse and video tape it? Sick, sick people!!!
- Added It broke my heart to see this poor little defenceless boy hurt by this horrible cowardly beast. I hope the inmates of the prison he should be sent to are watching and they give him his just desserts, and also the bastard who was filming it!!!!!
- Added I cannot even express my outrage at such evil.....I hope this man gets his just deserves. I have not stopped thinking about this child and praying for his safety. Thank God.
- Added I would love to adopt the child so that I can give him all the love and protection he needs, if anyone can give me any information on if this is possible please do so. I have not stopped crying and praying for him since I saw the disturbing video, and I would also like to know if the person recording is also in jail. Thanks
- Added I would just like to know if the person recording is also in jail or being "investigated" and is this little baby ok and safe now??