Isn't child torture and child sacrifice abuse???

Plenty of stuff to discuss in the world, with the focus on causes
Cesar Tort

Isn't child torture and child sacrifice abuse???

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix apostrophes]

Guys:

I pick up what I posted in another threads.

An editor removed yesterday the category "child abuse" from the Wikipedia article "Child sacrifice in pre-Columbian cultures".

I am very close to insult the editor whom I am having a discussion here.

That means that I will be immediate blocked from editing in Wikiland. And do you know what?

I don't care!

I much prefer to insult this monster who says that tearing off their nails of children in order to make them cry, before killing them, is not abuse than to comply with the wiki etiquette.

Before I do that in the above linked talk page, please say something there, in that talk page. I feel horribly to fight with moral Neanderthals who have zero empathy for the tortured and murdered children. We will never help present-day children if we don't expose the crimes in the past. If historical child torture and sacrifice are not considered abuse, how on earth can mankind consider spanking or psych drugging abuse?

This is a far more serious case than the Chickadee case in the psych forum. In that case some dissociated moms were struggling with the subject of spanking, "Is this abuse"?

In the present case, torturing kids before extracting their hearts publicly --something sanctioned by society here in Old Mexico, and sometimes eating the bodies-- is infinitely worse than spanking.

Can anybody tell me anything reasonable on this issue? I opened a new thread because, just as Dennis was ignored in Dan's forum when he proposed to make a journal "zero replies", I have been ignored here about the child sacrifice issue.

I would appreciate an answer to this communication.
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

P.S. erratum above already corrected.
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Thu May 31, 2007 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc

Post by cc »

Cesar,

I hear what you are saying. I do not have too much time to adequately reply but I will say the following:

Do not insult the editor. Please care enough to know that you are one of a few that can add tremendous value to wikiland.

When people read things that are from another time in history, they are too detached to understand its impact in our current society. Little by little we will open their hearts. Insults will just close them down and give them more reason to ignore your insights.

There was a time when I would read things like this and totally dismiss it without a second thought.

This doesn?t mean that I agree with the unconscious editor. Historical child torture and sacrifice is abuse to me but to some people it is so atrocious that they cannot fathom it, its very surreal to them and that is why they are detached from it. This is the only way that they can integrate the reality of this blight-- to treat it "lightly".

I have to go back to work. My lunch break is over.
cc
Cesar Tort

Alice Miller herself!

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix apostrophes]

CC:

Thanks for not ignoring me! The subject of abuse in non-Western cultures has caused me great pain in Wikiland, Dan's forum and a bit of pain here.

You don't have to bother to write anything in that wiki talk page, CC. Just register in Wikiland and cut and paste what Alice Miller herself has written recently about that very complain!

I quote from Miller's forum:
Wikipedia child abuse scandal
Monday May 28, 2007
Dear Mrs. Miller:

I am extremely dismayed at what has just happened in an article of the English Wikipedia titled: "Child sacrifice in pre-Columbian cultures." In that article you can read about the brutal practice of child sacrifice in Mexico 500 years ago: "Tlaloc required the tears of the young so their tears would wet the earth. As a result, priests made children cry before the infanticidal ritual sacrifice, sometimes by tearing off their nails."

Well, an editor has just removed this article from the category "child abuse," and wrote in edit summary his reason for doing it: "that category [sic] comes off as unsupported bias."

Siding with a heinous infanticidal perpetrator!

No single university offers a degree on child abuse, as you have written. How on earth can we convey the revolutionary message in your books with such troglodytes around us: the norm in the academia?

E. J.
In her web page Alice Miller responded to E.J.:
Alice Miller wrote: You are absolutely right with what you have written, and the world is full of scandals like that, even today, and the lack of interest for child abuse on universities shows that we are all formerly battered children who are still, even as grown-ups, afraid of the next blow if they open their mouths.
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

Post by Phil »

I just don't have the energy to join in on Wikipedia. It should be pretty self evident that child sacrifice would be a form of abuse.
I don't see how it could be argued otherwise.

Phil
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

Hi Phil,

If you (or CC) don't want to register in Wikiland, OK. You can post a single comment and sign with this: ~~~~.

The wiki software will automatically display your IP number, which counts as a signature. That's for users who don't want to register.

You don't have to discuss anything. Just state in Wikiland what you stated above:
It should be pretty self evident that child sacrifice would be a form of abuse.
That's it!
Clare

Post by Clare »

Hi Cesar

I registered and posted on child abuse...I registered as Karindgrs.
Clare
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

This is one of the reasons why I'm not a big fan of Wikipedia because some things you can't just explain by dry facts from a lab. Of course child sacrifice is a form of child abuse. Am I supposed to argue that it isn't to someone who has declared himself as Big Teacher? Nevertheless I posted a short remark (as Immortale).

Cesar, I'm reading that you get a lot of positive remarks from people at Wikipedia for your outstanding work. But it seems you let yourself again be thrown aside by one disturbed individual. Maybe words are mightier than the sword? Wikipedia is all about words. Insults will only make things worse for the rest. You cannot change the world in one day. And, would that E.J. be you at Alice Miller's site?

In this forum child sacrifice is such a self-evident crime that people probably feel they cannot argue with it and it might seem like what you have written is been ignored. It hasn't.

Clare, I couldn't find your contribution, could you link it?

Dennis
Phil

Post by Phil »

OK, I put in a comment on the child sacrifice discussion. That it is a "no-brainer".

Phil
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

Thank you all. I really appreciate.

I was at loggerheads with that guy, Maunus, because two months ago I had a bitter discussion with him in the Aztec article.

I hope the people who are in charge of the wiki categories will include sacrifice as abuse.

Thanks again for your support!
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited to fix re-titled link]

Guys (and Clare also):

We have been betrayed about all this. See the thread Bookish.