Bookish

Plenty of stuff to discuss in the world, with the focus on causes
Cesar Tort

Bookish

Post by Cesar Tort »

I am afraid I have to accuse our colleague and friend "Bookish", also known as "bb", and probably three more sockpuppet names in this and other forums, one of which is "Kerry from the UK". (BTW, "Bookish" was also the name in which he posted in Wikipedia.)

He has just exposed our plan to post in Wikipedia to the very editor that Dennis labeled as "disturbed":
Our squeal wrote:Highly suspicious talk page entries

In less than half a day 4 new comments have been added to the Talk:Child_sacrifice_in_pre-Columbian_cultures page. Two from newly registered users, one from a user who has never contributed to an article, and one from an anonymous user. I think it was contrived. See this forum page:

http://primalforum.freepgs.com/forum/vi ... .php?t=161

81.174.214.173 16:13, 31 May 2007 (UTC)
How do I know that Bookish is the same guy, 81.174.214, who exposed our plan?

Simple. His I.P. number is the same one that used to appear in my private forum, where besides "Bookish" he also used to post under the name of "bb".

I don't know what will happen in Wikipedia after our little plan to correct the anti-child bias has been exposed.

Dennis: I am sorry to open up this thread here and not in my private forum. But every poster who supported me in the Aztec sacrifice talk page has been betrayed, not only us. Bookish had already shown some strange behavior in both my private forum and his own private forum. I have saved it and can show it to whoever asks me.

I cannot ascertain a 100 per cent if the other two sockpuppets that post in this forum are also Bookish, since I don't have access code to Dennis' admin page. But I would like that an investigation takes place. I have told Dennis who are the other two names of which I suspect Bookish has been posting here.
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil

Post by Phil »

And I thought those were people aware about childhood abuse.

I wouldn't say it was a plan. You simply encouraged us to voice our opinions. Nothing wrong about that.

Phil
cc

Post by cc »

I agree with Phil. A plan? Silly, there is nothing underhanded about our posting our opinion. Cesar brought to our attention something and we responded to it, very simple. The person turning this into a conspiracy and talking about suspicion is projecting their paranoid experiences.

I hope it is not Bookish because I have such high regard for his contributions.
cc
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

[edited once to fix quotation marks]

Of course, encouraging friends to voice their opinions is not a "plan". I still have to learn to use English properly! (remember that I think in Spanish).

These are some of the I.P.s that Bookish / bb used in my private forum:

In Wikipedia Bookish also posted twice anonymously as 81.174.211.214 in the Psychohistory article after he oficially retired from Wikipedia.

He is also known as Kerry Watson.

Postscript:

Do you see?

This is what the wikipedian to whom our squealer exposed us has just written in my wiki talk page:
Hello Cesar

I would like to direct your attention to the wikipedia policies on WP:MEATPUPPET#Meatpuppets - This thread at primalforum lead me to believe that you are unacquainted with thaat particular policy. Maunus 08:44, 1 June 2007 (UTC)
Last edited by Cesar Tort on Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

Maybe BB/Kerry/Bookish should have a look at Wikipedia at: solidarity

Other than that, thanks for mentioning this forum at Wikipedia.

Cesar, I've already told you that I haven't found a connection between the two names you mentioned to me and Bookish, except that of bb (which he signed with Bookish). This is not a religious club. You can't talk about betrayal in this context. Every man and woman is responsible for what they themselves say. This is not a contest. If someone - like Bookish - is unhappy with your statements, than that is his problem. Maybe it's time for an alternative Wikipedia, an 'encyclopedia' where human emotions are part of it.

Could there be a connection to your reaction to people denying and ignoring the history of child abuse, and to your own history?

I understand that you're disappointed in Bookish' reaction, because he wrote such great contributions before. In a way it was what Alice Miller did to me, showing the unhealed side of child abuse.

Dennis
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

Cesar, I've already told you that I haven't found a connection between the two names you mentioned to me.
I don?t remember that you told me that in our email exchanges. Anyway, those guys post here rarely, and we better leave my previous suspicion in the past. One of them used identical phrases and ideas to Bookish?s in an angry personal message he left me; the other attacked me in a similar vein and was very knowledgeable of my activities elsewhere.
Could there be a connection to your reaction to people denying and ignoring the history of child abuse, and to your own history?
Not exactly. What bothers me about fans of Indian themes is that they idealize monstrous cultures with heinous childrearing practices. It?s a great pity that I write in Spanish since in one of my chapters of my latest book I wrote a harsh critique of these fans, including a National Geographic writer that, though he discovered the mummified bodies of sacrificed children in a South American mountain, he idealized the killing and spoke highly about the perps. My anger has to do with the lack of compassion and hate among these people, since (to my mind) hate is the other side of the compassion coin.

Maybe I was as upset with the squealer (I don't remember the exact slang for whistle-blower) as you was with Sara in Dan?s forum, which you exposed there as Julia, her real name. Because of what Kerry Watson (Bookish) did I am presently having trouble at Wikiland, as you can see at the bottom of the child sacrifice talk page.

All this said, I agree with you that Kerry/Bookish wrote great contributions. He is the smartest guy I met in Wikiland. In fact, hadn?t it been for his wise advice and contributions I couldn?t have fixed such important wiki articles as ?Psychohistory? and ?Biopsychiatry controversy?. I hope that he continues his good work.
D.R.B.

Post by D.R.B. »

So...
there's a wikipedia policy for this kind of thing already. Cesar's quite happy to flout the rules by recruiting you guys as 'Meatpuppets', but if anyone complains he showers them with abusive name-calling.
the other attacked me in a similar vein and was very knowledgeable of my activities elsewhere.
Could you be thinking of me perhaps? I don't post often, but I read stuff in between. I've participated since long before you arrived, and you've often post links to your 'flaming debates' so that anyone can get to know your activities.

Ever since our little difference of opinion in the "Analysis Of The Limits Of Alice Miller" thread, I've been disturbed by your compulsion to do and say things which are bound to be inflamatory. I typed "Cesar Tort" into Google and found primalforum.com on the first page. Posts at "Siding With The Child" weren't far behind. If a Miller Studies journal got off the ground readers might check up on the authors in exactly the same way. It's been a while since I read any primal books, but this episode reminds me of something Janov wrote. Apparently, some people hope that by being tolerant and supportive to an abusive, confrontational person they can turn him (or her) into the 'good parent' they always wanted. It's what Arthur Janov calls "The Struggle."

Did anyone actually read to the end of the 'flaming debate' diatribe? It's in "This website has a new design." Look again.
Cesar Tort

Post by Cesar Tort »

You are not Kerry/Bookish. Remember I was talking also about other forums, Wikipedia anons and private personal messages.
if anyone complains he showers them with abusive name-calling
What are you talking about D.R.B.??? I haven't been abusing to my friends. You are confusing passion with abuse.

Academic Mr. Spocks are dissociated. They behave like gentlemen at the universities and when return home they subtly abuse their children thru socializing modes of childrearing.

On the other hand, the best people in the world are extremely passionate. Have you read the book by Alice Miller which gave the name to this forum? Have you read Orwell? Solzhenitsyn perhaps? As I stated above, hate is the other side of the compassion coin. The more you love a homeless kid, the more you will hate the Neanderthals who brought him/her to this world, and the more will you hate the system which allows Neanderthal men and women to reproduce like rabbits. And the same can be said of any other kind of child or adult abuse.

You haven?t read Arthur C. Clarke?s interpretation of the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. Have you? I already posted the following in Dan?s forum. Clarke wrote:
What lies beyond the end of 2001, when the Star Child waits, ?marshaling his thoughts and brooding over his still untested powers,? I do not know. Many readers have interpreted the final paragraph to mean that he destroyed Earth perhaps in order to create a new Heaven. This idea never occurred to me; it seems clear that he triggered the orbiting nuclear bombs harmlessly.

But now, I am not so sure... Why should we expect any mercy from a returning Star Child? Few indeed of us have a better answer. As such a Dies Irae may be closer that we dream...

Overman will certainly be an extremely vindictive creature. But we must be careful here. As Nietzsche said, Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.

Cesar Tort, sockpuppet

Post by Guest »

You might be interested to know that Cesar Tort created at least one sockpuppet account on Wikipedia -- Link
Dennis
Site Admin

Post by Dennis »

This site is called: Breaking Down Walls of Silence, not Breaking Down Cesar Tort

I fail to see your point

Dennis
Everything I write here is my opinion, not absolute truths but I don't want to start every sentence with[i] in my opinion[/i]...